How we can help you
Royalty Exchange is an online marketplace that helps creatives raise money to finance their career. We do that by connecting you to more than 17,000 wealthy investors who are interested in purchasing part of the royalties from your back catalog.
We put you “in the room” with thousands of investors who compete to buy your royalty assets through an online auction.
Why we will get you the best deal
For too long songwriters and musicians have sold their catalogs or sought advances in backroom deals that often left them with a very bad result. But there are tens of thousands of investors, outside of the music industry, who are interested in royalties because of the potential for income.
So we figured if we created a place where you could connect with those investors, we'd be able to help you raise money and we'd give investors access to deals that they wouldn't otherwise be able to get. We’ve assembled and vetted all the investors on our site. So you can get instant access to a large group of investors that would be impossible to attract on your own.
That's why we've been able to get creatives much better deals than anybody else out there. And that's why, if you're looking to raise money — you're in the right place.
Why work with us?
- Keep all of your future work. We connect you with investors who are interested in your back catalog only. That means you can monetize your past work to finance new projects or major purchases. And you can do it without giving up any creative control or copyrights on your future projects. Many of the creatives we've worked with in the past have monetized their back catalog in order to fund their new album, film, or other project.
- Access to thousands of wealth investors. If you've tried to monetize your catalog or raise money in the past, you know how difficult it can be to find willing investors with the capital you need. We've done that for you and assembled and vetted all the investors on our site. So you can get instant access to a large group of investors that would be impossible to attract on your own.
- Fair: Our commitment to transparency maximizes the value for all. All our auctions are conducted in the open, with bidding, terms and valuations available for all to see equally. We don’t charge predatory interest rates. There are no upfront costs. You won't pay anything to have your catalog appraised, listed, and marketed. We only get paid if the deal gets done on your terms. If you don't successfully raise money, you don't owe us a dime.
- Fast: We can put together a custom deal for you, market it, and close the fundraising in less than 30 days. We have a team of attorneys, accountants, and analysts that can make these deals happen fast. If you want to get started on your next project ASAP, we'll help you make it happen. We take care of all the required paperwork and conduct so you can focus on creating great art. Plus, you won't have to worry about paying thousands of dollars in attorney fees and other closing costs that can add up quickly...just to have the deal fall through.
- Flexible: With Royalty Exchange, you choose exactly what part of your catalog you want to monetize. We've done auctions for a single song, part or all of a catalog, and more. Instead of being forced into an all-or-nothing deal, you can select exactly what you monetize based on how much money you'd like to raise. Nobody else out there does this. Plus, you have the option to keep your copyrights. You have complete control over what you want to do to hit your fundraising goals.
- No upfront costs. You won't pay anything to have your catalog appraised, listed, and marketed. We only get paid if the deal gets done on your terms. If you don't successfully raise money, you don't owe us a dime.
Why other creatives like you have worked with us
Since 2013, songwriters, producers, and artists have come to Royalty Exchange to help raise money to finance their projects and career. We've helped raise money to fund a documentary about women in Africa. We've helped artists and songwriters build out home studios. We've even helped a songwriter raise money to buy a rental property in New York.
James Michael Thomas wrote the hook for the hit Kanye song “Mercy.” He came to us to help raise money to fund his sound engineering training and business. We helped him raise nearly $20,000 which he put to good use!
Alicia Angel, who wrote a number of songs in the children's show “Dora and Friends” wanted to finance a project she was deeply passionate about: a documentary about the cruel treatment of women in certain African nations. We helped Alicia fund her documentary and spread the word about this critical issue.
Brian Maher, a top-tier songwriter in Nashville, wrote the hit song “Til My Last Day” performed by Justin Moore. He sold part of his writer's share of that single song and raised money to finance his career and help provide a little extra for his family. We helped him raise more than $50,000 in a day.
We've helped a company that owns an enormous catalog of iconic celebrity photos raise more than $300,000 to acquire more amazing photos and bring a new line of beautiful and affordable collectibles to markets everywhere. We've helped provide them the funding they need to grow their business.
Those are just a few of the many creatives that we've helped raise money through Royalty Exchange's platform. We hope you'll be next.
How our process works
Here's a quick explanation of our process:
- First, you fill out the short form on the next page.
- You spend 10 minutes on the phone with our team of fundraising experts. They'll ask you a few questions about your catalog and your goals.
- We perform an in-depth analysis of your catalog to figure out exactly how we can help you raise the money you need and want.
- We package and market whatever portion of your royalties that you'd like to put up for auction.
- We run an online auction with our investors.
- We handle the closing and transfer process — and you receive the proceeds!
Our process is fast, efficient, and very convenient for you. That way you can focus on making great art and not have to worry about financing it.
What are the next steps?
It's very simple, just click the button below and fill out the short form on the next page. After that we'll set up a brief phone call to discuss your fundraising options.