Songwriters & Music Publishers! Clear Royalty Analysis is Here!
Royalty RoundUp: December 11 - January 6
Happy New Year from Royalty Exchange! We're really kicking things into gear this year with continued auctions featuring some of the industry's top names, added features to our website and recently, we kicked off the official launch of Royalty Guru- a website where songwriters and music publishers can access the new and improved Royalty Analysis Tool, ARIA. Music industry professionals like artists, producers, songwriters, publishers and entrepreneurs, have all been the driving force for the creation and evolution of a company that is bringing control back to music creators and industry professionals - Royalty Exchange.
Royalty Exchange, the only online marketplace where investors and royalty owners may buy and sell royalties of all kinds including music, film, oil and gas, solar energy, geothermal energy, intellectual property and more. Click here for more on Royalty Exchange. We continue to build upon our success, consistently providing online auctions, special memberships, unique website tools that make royalty investing and ownership more efficient and effective, royalty news and knowledge, plus so much more.
Happening at Royalty Exchange
"Kool Moe Dee Schools Us On Music Royalties, Releasing New Music"
Read this article containing an exclusive interview with rap legend Kool Moe Dee, and learn about his decision to sell a portion of his royalty stream and his upcoming new music. Click here for the full story. View his auction here.
RoyaltyGuru is an analytics division of Royalty Exchange, founded on the principal that all music royalty owners, publishers and distributors should have a clear view of what was happening to the royalties they manage and own, quickly and easily. Utiliza ARIA, a royalty analysis tool, to analyze royalties, gain insight, manage and more at RoyaltyGuru.com.
ARIA (Accelerating Royalty Insights with Analytics) was born from the need to fully understand the true valuation of royalties in an effort to communicate to royalty owners what they might be worth. In doing so, we produced a platform that became very important to the music industry as it begins to tackle the all important issue of appropriate compensation for the consumption of music on all platforms by all parties. Whether you are a music publisher, songwriter, producer or artist, ARIA is a tool that can save you time and more importantly, money. Visit RoyaltyGuru.
Current - Future - Past
- BFM Digital - Bid on 100% ownership of two catalogs of master recordings owned by BFM Digital and all of the related revenue streams associated with them. There are over 6,000 unique recordings in these catalogs with a variety of mixes and edits available including instrumental and ringtone versions of most of the recordings. The Orchard is the current digital distributor of these two catalogs.
- Bobby Pinson - Bid on 100% of Wayne Perry's ASCAP writers share of public performance royalties on a catalog that consists of 664 titles including songs by Tim McGraw, Toby Keith & Lorrie Morgan's number one hit, €œWhat Part of No.€ Songs also have appeared in films such as Men of Honor and Crossroads.
- Kool Moe Dee - Bid 100% of KoolMoeDee's BMI writers share, consisting of 135 earning titles. Songs have been featured in various films and television shows including Wild Wild West, Love and Basketball, Boyz N The Hood, Nightmare on Elm Street, The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, The Simpsons and many more. This royalty stream will pay out a total of $58,157 for this investment.
- Mark Alan Springer - Bid on 100% of the BMI writer's share of public performance royalties for a catalog of songs written by Mark Alan Springer. Titles performed by big names including Kenny Chesney, Tanya Tucker, Waylon Jennings, Travis Tritt, Mark Chesnutt, Collin Raye, Alabama and more. This royalty stream will pay out a total of $39,744 for this investment.
Recent Auction Sales
- Stewart Harris - 100% of Stewart Harris's two BMI writer's share accounts. This catalog consists of 104 songs performed by hit country artists including Travis Tritt, Wynonna Judd, Tammy Cochran, Waylon Jennings, Mickey Gilley and more. It also includes. Pending
- Keri Lewis - 100% of Keirston Lewis's (aka Keri Lewis) ASCAP writer's share of public performance music royalties. This catalog includes 78 titles featured in hit television shows and films including The Fresh Prince of Bel Air, Everybody Hates Chris, Braxton Family Values, Good Burger, Diary of a Mad Black Woman and more. Sold - $16,400
- Bruce Waynne - 100% of Bruce Waynne's ASCAP writer's share of public performance music royalties. This catalog consists of hit titles performed by Jennifer Lopez, Frank Ocean, John Legend, Justin Bieber, Fantasia Barino and many others, Sold - $53,273
- Wayne Perry - 100% of Keirston Lewis's (aka Keri Lewis) ASCAP writer's share of public performance music royalties. This catalog includes 78 titles featured in hit television shows and films including The Fresh Prince of Bel Air, Everybody Hates Chris, Braxton Family Values, Good Burger, Diary of a Mad Black Woman and more. Sold - $61,500
- Brady Ellis - 100% of Brady Ellis' ASCAP writers share of public performance royalties on 108 titles from a production music catalog. Songs featured on numerous television networks & shows including USA, ABC, ESPN, Fox, Burn Notice, National Geographic, American Eats, WWE Smackdown, NFL on FOX and more. Sold - $122,500
Learn more about assessing royalty assets and check out the online-publication Royalty Insider!
"The Grammy's were Shazamed 1.1 million times, creating 54,000 click throughs to iTunes/Amaz on. These products like Shazam, SoundHorn and even Facebook's new audio ID feature €œhave come to play a crucial part in the music industry in support of music discovery.€ Click here to read more about technology's affect on music!
Taylor Swift's Spotify Royalties. Wow!: just like investing in stocks, bonds or mutual funds, requires analysis. Because royalty investments are income streams, that analysis involves comparing their anticipated flows against the other alternatives in the marketplace." Click here to read more about royalty investments.
ROYALTIES IN THE NEWS
Love/Hate stars gang up to get bigger royalties: "LOVE/HATE stars are among actors embroiled in a pay dispute as the massively popular gangland series goes global." Read more here.
Shouldn't Music Streaming Sites Pay Higher Royalties?: "The online streaming services (and Sirius XM satellite radio) refuse to pay royalties for recordings that predate 1972€”songs by the greats of jazz and blues, early rock, Motown, and even the Beatles." Read more here.
Book royalties help Make It Better: "Google has decided to shut down Google News in Spain. The decision follows the passage of a law in July that obliges any news aggregator quoting snippets of text or using thumbnails of images from a copyrighted publication to pay royalties for doing so." Read more here.