Stop the Presses! Introducing...
"Royalty Exchange, the world's only online auction marketplace for music and entertainment royalties is making it easy for publishers, songwriters and artists to find out how much Spotify, Pandora and others are paying them per play." Click here to read more.
Royalty Exchange in Nashville's Music Row
Music Row's latest issue features content about the new release of ARIA. Initially developed for internal use for investors needing analytic research on royalty streams in Royalty Exchange auctions, it is now available for free to individual royalty owners and fee-based for publishers."
- Camp Springs II Wind Farm: Bid on a 25% royalty interest in Camp Springs Energy Center II Wind Farm located in Scurry County just outside of Snyder, Texas and consists of 87 General Electric 1.5 sle wind turbines and is run by Chicago-based Invenergy Wind LLC.
Recent Auction Sales
- Mark Alan Springer SOLD $18,500: 100% of Mark Alan Springer's BMI writer's share of public performance royalties for songs performed by Kenny Chesney, Tanya Tucker, Waylon Jennings, Travis Tritt, Alabama and more. This royalty stream will pay out a total of $39,744 for this investment.
- Kool Moe Dee SOLD $41,000: KoolMoeDee's BMI writers share, consisting of 135 earning titles. Songs have been featured in Wild Wild West, Love and Basketball, Boyz N The Hood, Nightmare on Elm Street, The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, The Simpsons and many more. This royalty stream will pay out a total of $58,157 for this investments.
- Bobby Pinson - SALE PENDING: 75% of Bobby Pinson's BMI publishers share of public performance on 85 titles. Compositions in this catalog consist of various number one hits written for country artists and bands including Bobby Pinson himself, Toby Keith, Sugarland, Brooks & Dunn, Jewel, Andy Gibson, Emerson Road and more.
- BFM Digital - SALE PENDING: 100% ownership of two catalogs of master recordings owned by BFM Digital and all of the related revenue streams associated with them. There are over 6,000 unique recordings in these catalogs with a variety of mixes and edits available including instrumental and ringtone versions of most of the recordings. The Orchard is the current digital distributor of these two catalogs.
- Stewart Harris SOLD $50,000: 100% of Stewart Harris's two BMI writer's share accounts. This catalog consists of 104 songs performed by hit country artists including Travis Tritt, Wynonna Judd, Tammy Cochran, Waylon Jennings, Mickey Gilley and more. It also includes.
Learn more about assessing royalty assets and check out the online-publication Royalty Insider!
Article by Keatly Haldeman, CEO, Riptide Music Group: "Every year, songwriters, composers and music publishers around the world lose tens of millions of dollars in unclaimed royalties. These unclaimed royalties accumulate into what is now euphemistically called the "Black Box" quite simply, a big pile of funds belonging to the writers and publishers who cannot be located."Click here to read more.
3 Reasons to Buy Music Royalty Assets in 2015: "Imagine owning the royalty income from songs that have become icons in our culture. Think: Sinatra, Christmas favorites, Jazz Standards, Pop, & Rock Classics. These are songs that continue to create income and..." Click here to read more.
ROYALTIES IN THE NEWS
Ford, General Motors Sued for Unpaid Royalties: The AARC "has brought a suit in Washington, D.C., against two major automobile companies, Ford and GM, as well as two technology companies, Denso and Clarion, over unpaid royalties related to the Audio Home Recording Act. Read more here.
Disclosure and Sam Smith Sued Over Song Lyrics: According to legal documents seen by The Daily Mail, Disclosure, Sam Smith, AlunaGeorge, and Eliza Doolittle are being sued over song lyrics. Read more here.
Courts Rule Against Duke Ellington Heirs In Royalty Dispute: Ellington's grandson first sued EMI in 2010 after finding out the company's international subsidiaries are taking commissions out of the royalties generated by sales of the jazz legend's music overseas before passing on the rest to the EMI HQ in New York...Read more here.
Mine Royalties in Heart of Zambian Poll: Google has decided to shut down Google News in Spain. The decision follows the passage of a law in July that obliges any news aggregator quoting snippets of text or using thumbnails of images from a copyrighted publication to pay royalties for doing so. Read more here.