Invest in Renewable Energy Assets
We're diving into the Renewable Energy Market where we work with land owners, developers and LLC's with Wind and Solar projects. Lease payments, tax credits and Power Purchase Agreements can be converted into lump sums for them and passive income for the investors. Contact Us to learn more!
There are currently no live marketplace auctions at this time. Feel free to check in periodically for we will have new investment opportunities available soon. Click here to view all of our past marketplace auctions.
- Regie Hamm - Bid on his SESAC writer's share of public performance royalties for a catalog of 109 titles including "Time of My Life," written for American Idol winner David Cook, & others recorded by Regie Hamm himself, Kenny Loggins, Bob Carlisle, Clay Crosse and more. This royalty stream will pay out a total of $42,100 for this investment.
Recent Auction Sales
- Tommy Coster: SOLD $80,000: BMI writer's share of public performance royalties for a catalog of 249 songs written by Tommy Coster. Catalog is placed at market by Killer Tracks, a Universal Music group, & it includes songs featured on Fox Sports, Comedy Central, MTV and many more.
- Camp Springs II Wind Farm: SOLD $175,000: 25% royalty interest in Camp Springs Energy Center II Wind Farm located in Scurry County just outside of Snyder, Texas and consists of 87 General Electric 1.5 sle wind turbines and is run by Chicago-based Invenergy Wind LLC.
Pre-Market Asset Deal Room for Mogul Members Only
- Energy Royalties - Solar Energy and Tax Credits in North and South Carolina.
- Wind Energy - Scurry County (Multiple Properties): Scurry County Wind Farm.
- Music Royalties - Pop titles including Rihanna's "Birthday Cake" and Nicki Minaj's "Anaconda."
- Music Royalties - Destiny's Child Hit Songs: A portion of their writer's share of royalties which are generating about $8,000 per year.
- Insurance - National Physician-based Insurance Practice for Sale
Buried by Streaming Data? Dig Out! Here's How: This article outlines the challenges Publishers and PRO's face when tracking and reporting song performance data for royalty payment. It describes how new analytics software called ARIA (Accelerating Royalty Insights with Analytics) addresses these challenges by providing greater transparency into song performance data.
ROYALTIES IN THE NEWS
Universal Music Agrees to Pay $11.5 Million to Settle Digital Royalties Class Action: Universal Music has agreed to pay up to $11.5 million and bump up royalties going forward to resolve a contention lawsuit that alleged it had cheated recording artists by improperly classifying digital downloads off of services like Apple's iTunes as "sales" rather than "licenses." Read more here.
Brooklyn rep pushes bill to overhaul music royalties: Rep. Jerrold Nadler (D-Brooklyn/Manhattan) is pushing a bill that would overhaul the way authors, performers and record labels are paid for songs streamed online, and end the partial free ride enjoyed by traditional radio. Read more here.
Federal Court: SOCAN's Members To Retain Royalties Paid For Use Of Ringtones And Ringbacks: The Federal Court recently released its decision on a motion to determine questions of law arising out of an action by a group of mobile service providers. The action involved the return of approximately $15 million in royalties on ringtones that the plaintiffs claim were wrongfully collected and distributed by SOCAN. Read more here.
Bill Seeks to Broaden Royalties Paid by Radio Stations: With the economics of the music industry getting increased attention in Washington, Representatives Jerrold Nadler and Marsha Blackburn announced Monday that they were introducing a broad new bill that would require radio stations to pay royalties to performing artists and address an array of other topics about the licensing of digital music. Read more here.
Penn West Agrees to Sell Royalty Production, Land to Freehold Royalties: Penn West Petroleum Ltd. said Tuesday it had agreed to sell royalty production and mineral title lands in western Canada to Freehold Royalties Ltd. for 321 million Canadian dollars ($255 million), adding it would use the proceeds to repay debt. Read more here.